Maqui Berry No. 1 Superfruit According to Fox News
Maqui Berry was first brought to public attention back in January 2011 when Fox News Health Show featured a report about the latest purple fruit to hit the market. The host of the show, Dr Manny, announced that Maqui Berry would be the most powerful superfruit of 2011 claiming ‘Move on acai, mangosteen and goji berry there is a new supplement that will knock your socks off for 2011.’
The report also featured Chris Kilham, aka the Medicine Hunter, who visits the most remote jungles and highlands in the world searching out plants, oils and extracts that can improve health. Chris discovered Maqui Berry whilst exploring the rainforests in Chile and informed viewers that Maqui had been used for centuries by the native Mapuche inhabitants as a health supplement.
He claims that Maqui Berry is the most powerful antioxidant available and can enhance brain function, improve immunity and boost overall health.
So what is Maqui Berry
Aristotelia chilensis, otherwise known as Maqui Berry, can only be found in the rainforests in Chile. It is very similar looking to the deep purple acai berry but according to Dr Ward Bond, who featured on Fox News, Maqui Berry is four times more powerful then acai berry.
Classed as a superfruit, Maqui Berry is the most powerful, natural antioxidant available. Scientific studies have shown that Maqui Berry has the highest ORAC rating (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) out of all of the superfruits. The ORAC is the official measure used by laboratories around the world to judge the effectiveness of an antioxidant.
How does Maqui Berry help you to lose weight
Studies have shown that antioxidants can help flush the body of toxins which leads to a number of health benefits including weight loss. With Maqui Berry being the strongest superfruit available to date, it can aid weight loss by:
- Speeding up the metabolic rate so that the body burns up more calories
- Improving your digestion so that the body stores less fat
- Increasing energy levels so that you have more energy to exercise and burn even more calories
Other benefits of Maqui Berry include:
- Maqui can help to boost the immune system – the strong antioxidants contained within maqui berries, combined with essential fatty acids and Vitamin C, work together to boost the immune system.
- Research suggest maqui berry can help prevent cancer and disease – Maqui berries contain a high dose of anthocyarins (purple pigments with high antioxidant qualities) clinically proven to hold powerful anti-inflammatory properties without negative side effects. These anthocyarins can provide a barrier against free radicals. Free radicals are tiny self occuring atoms that are caused by pollutants and chemicals which accumulate in your body. These free radicals attack cells in our body and can lead to premature ageing, DNA damage, cancerous cells and other diseases.
Are there any side-effects
Maqui Berry is a fruit and therefore has no known side-effects. However, if you are pregnant or breast feeding and are considering taking a Maqui supplement, it is advised that you consult your GP first.
The best place to buy Maqui Berry supplements
In the past, when a new superfruit has been discovered, many companies jump on the production band wagon and try to cash in on the latest, popular superfruit. Quite often this means that the market is flooded with many different brands of the same supplement and many on these are far below average when it comes to quality and efficacy (how effective a product is).
The most powerful and effective Maqui supplement to date is Ultimate Maqui Berry. It contains 1800mg of pure dried-freeze Maqui Berry that is ethically sourced from organic farmers in Chile. Ultimate Maqui Berry also boasts a Certificate of Analysis which proves the ingredient claims made above.
Read our in-depth Ultimate Maqui Berry Review